Skip to main content

ANNE WITH AN 'E' S01E01 Review



Scrumptious. Agony. Wonderful. Cherry Blossoms. Red Hair. Ugly. Skinny, Freckles.

These are some of my fav terms Anne spelled with an "E" used to express herself on the pilot episode of its 1st season. I am delighted, or I should say "Enchante". It truly brought me to the wonders of living on a beautiful farmland like the Green Gable. Actually, I really did not catch where Green Gable is, I heard the word Australia in some of their conversation. But I am pretty sure it isn't the Down Under, for I saw no kangaroo or wild animals roaming around the fields. It's obviously not in the Great Britain nor Ireland - I heard none of their accents on this episode. Well, maybe in North America, but I am not sure whether in Canada or what state in the USA. Perhaps I'll find out on the next episode.

I like the way Anne speak herself, especially the one she had with Rachel. I laughed - it brought me great delight. The way she compose every sentence make me feel I am hearing stories of make-believe or of the talks of wonders. Of course, I must admit, I felt sorry for her experiences before she came to Green Gable. The moment she said that she never had the chance to be a child breaks my heart into pieces. 

To tell you the truth, I already watched the first 2 episodes of the second season. It was an honest mistake, I thought I was downloading the two episodes of the 1st season on Netflix because it first appeared on the selection. Well because of that - I knew about Nathaniel and his gold affair and the testing of soil on the Green Gable. But no more spoilers. That's it then. Cheers! Good night! (I can say good night because I had a good one, and I hope you had too.)

Comments

Popular Articles

Challenge Yourself on History Lessons - this test is for history nerds only

History is for everyone to know the past events. With today's techno sticks-and-stones, even the uneventful happenings get published every now and then. Untrue and unsure talks and gossips pop up on someone's feed and sharing these make it worse. Now, for everyone who knows their history. I call upon you all to share your tales of truth and stories of bold fairness for everyone to hear. So we may advance against these fake tale bearers! Comment now your history facts against the fake ones about your country. Watch my video: Published: December 27, 2018

FAIRY TALES ORIGIN

Peoples of many faces and nationalities have enchanted in hearing and telling tales that carries someone away into wonders and a delightful land of make-believe where handsome knights rescue beautiful princess, where ogres and ugly witches are put to demise by charming champions and where a petite seed becomes a giant beanstalk that reaches high up into the sky where another world dwells with gold and treasures. Fragments of a 4000-year-old papyrus found in Egypt tells that Egyptians enjoyed hearing stories that sound much like those we read and tell today. Adults and children passed winter nightfall sitting around the fireplaces of their homes, listening to a beloved tale bearer relate secretive and magical tales of escapade and horror, long before the printing press was invented. These tales were repeated again and again. The more people hear these stories, the more familiar they become to the ears. Consequently, more and more hearers loved to hear them. Parents of...

GABON AND ITS PEOPLE

  A former French colony, Gabon became an independent nation on August 17, 1960. Now on its 58th, the republic lies across the equator on the Atlantic coast of Africa. The first Europeans to reach the Gabonese Republic were the Portuguese sailors Lopes Gonsalvo and Fernan-vaz, who landed there at the end of the 1300’s. However, before these sailors came in Gabon, little is known about its past. Because the people in this region of Africa had no proper wat of writing that was preserved. The only people who claim to be original inhabitants of the Gabonese forests were the Pygmies. European, as usual on these days were slave traders. They dealt with the tribes along the coast for several centuries. In 1839, the French government established a permanent naval ad trading post after signing a treaty with local chiefs. Surprisingly, in 1849, only 10 years after the French established their posts, a group of freed slaves were landed at the place that later became Gabon...